Tuesday 10 May 2011

Little things mean so much

I was woken up to start my day for the second time, yesterday morning
 I had been in the garden, feeding the birds, watering the plants just as
day light was braking, and then retuned to bed.
It was a phone call from a life long friend to say she was in the 
area and would like to ketch up.
This came with a invite to have lunch, at her parents house my head still full of sleep
and not really shore what time it was I said yes,

Sun shining I set off
As always a warm welcome greeted me, now to the point,
how can sum-thing as simple as a ham roll
taste so good, the roll was fresh an crispy, the ham thick cut and mouth wateringly
juicy, memories of childhood came flooding back.


*
And that welcoming or good bye hug
a small gesture, that puts so much back that life drags out.


*
Thank you.  

1 comment:

  1. i think this has been my favourite post so far...

    (although i did like the shoes in the last one)

    ReplyDelete