Sunday 29 May 2011

Tell Me More




Picture take at Forty Hall Enfield


Life is full of firsts.

First girl friend, first beer, first car, first house

Now my first review of a book and my self.

Alastair Camblell’s  Novel All In The Mind

If you intend to read this book please make sure  you are feeling safe and in a good frame of mind.

Bought for me as a Christmas present by glen, my son, I’m not a  person that find book reading adsorbing I do escape from reality but in the way of a slight distraction, not full blown absorption.
This book being about a psychiatrist, and a week or two of the interactions of him and even deeper thoughts of his patience. For me the book helped me see what I was expecting from my psychiatrist was not to much and should be achievable, if not expected.  I have now changed my psychiatrist. we where just not on the same wave length, a language barrier , resulting in the lack of full expression and trust. I don't want to give the plot of Alastair’s story a way. so I will just say I found it a useful book with a believable and uncomplicated story line and if you have not realised, many people like me struggle with mental health. 
Help is out there, talk to some one you trust, confidences can and will be kept by professionals. It takes time to build up a network of support, I have had to learn to ask for help and still find it hard.
recovery is best taken one step at a time, and in this go faster world and if always in a rush to move forward like my self,its frustrating at times, but worth it in the end

No comments:

Post a Comment